Working to Protect Ontario’s Watersheds, their Natural Heritage, and our Receiving Waters
The OHI thanks the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation and our 19 regional partners for help to develop and launch the original ten Hikes in 2015 and the three documents listed below. One Hike was added in 2016, and we hope to launch more Hikes as we go forward, both in headwaters and other educational watershed walks another every year. Regardless, the three background papers below remain important.
The Ten Original Hikes
The OHI will work to maintain the accuracy of the information from 2015 so that people can experience these Hikes at any time on their own. You can see where these Hikes are located at 2015 Greenbelt Hikes Map and List of Partners . If you do head out on a Hike, please read and adhere to the Safety Guidelines and Disclaimers above.
- Short Hills, near St Catharines: Short Hills Provincial Park
- Fletcher Creek, off highway 6 between Guelph and Hamilton: Fletcher Creek Ecological Preserve
- Britton, a bit west and north of Milton: Britton Forest Tract
- Terra Cotta, near Terra Cotta, Caledon: Terra Cotta Conservation Area
- The Alton Grange, near Alton, Caledon: The Alton Grange
- McMichael Gallery, Kleinburg: The McMichael Canadian Art Collection and the Granger Greenway
- Thornton Bales, King: Thornton Bales Conservation Area
- Glen Major, Uxbridge: Glen Major Forest
- Pigeon River, near Lindsay: Pigeon River Headwaters Conservation Area
- Fleetwood, near Lindsay: Fleetwood Creek Natural Area
Newer Headwater Hikes
- Robert Edmondson Conservation Area, north and west of Campbellvile: Robert Edmondson